Bill2's Process Manager : le forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Bill2's Process Manager : le forum

Bill2's Process Manager, Votre gestionnaire de processus automatique

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Empty
MessageSujet: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeMer 15 Juil - 21:29

Hello. I'm having an issue. I've looked up everywhere: forums, FAQs, French help file I don't understand, everything, and I couldn't find anything helpful.

I have a program that is not shown in the Process Manager but is shown in Task Manager and on my screen, it's FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe. Whenever I play Fortnite I often face issues when the game needs to process the data in realtime but can't make it in time because of the CPU being occupied by some background programs that have Normal priority, too. This results to the in-game materials like textures, icons, skins, etc. being unable to be loaded in time. Lowering them down to Below normal seems to be a good idea but I need to change the foreground priority for Fortnite as I can only change it's background priority in Task Manager. Whenever I click High in the Task Manager, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe changes to High and stays there until I switch to it. After that, it's reverted back to Normal. I've downloaded the program hopefully to be able to change the foreground priority, but the only visible executables were the ones for the BattleEye (FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe) and the Fortnite Launcher (FortniteLauncher.exe), but not for the Fortnite (FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe) itself.

The question is, where do I find FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe in the Process Manager?

Hope someone will help me out soon.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeMer 15 Juil - 22:03

Hello,

Well... I've never played Fortnite, and I don't plan to install it, so it might be difficult for me to address this special case Wink

"but" : there are 2 options to filter the processes list in BPM :

- Show hidden processes (display processes that are not presents in the task bar)
- Hide unhandled processes (checked by defaut, to hide processes that BPM can't managed)

You can uncheck this 2nd option, and BPM will display a lot of processes with a red background color.
I hope the exe you are looking for is in this list (not like the droids ... )

Or you can search a part of the name with the search box Wink

May be you can also activate the log system in the options of BPM (process creation / destrution) , and check if BPM detect it.
If the process is really not present in the log ... well ... I don't know ... :-(

I hope it will help you.
Waiting for your reply Wink

Yamimono aime ce message

http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeMer 15 Juil - 23:17

Bill2 a écrit:
- Show hidden processes (display processes that are not presents in the task bar)
- Hide unhandled processes (checked by defaut, to hide processes that BPM can't managed)

May be you can also activate the log system in the options of BPM (process creation  / destrution) , and check if BPM detect it.
If the process is really not present in the log ... well ... I don't know ... :-(

I hope it will help you.
Waiting for your reply Wink

Thank you very much for your reply.

Forgot to mention that I did check the Show the hidden processes option, and I unchecked Hide unhandled processes already, it is still invisible to me.

I enabled logging, it's not visible there, too, it's only visible in the Windows Task Manager.

The only way to be able to see it is to restart the game several times and try every time until it is shown red (as an unhandled process?). There is no way to interact with these processes, you cannot change their priority in both Windows Task Manager (Access is denied) and BPM or add any rules for it. You might be able to get lucky and change a setting in the Registry Editor, but that works only if it's an unhandled process, otherwise it'll stay on High priority only in the background. Since FortniteLauncher is used to launch all of the Fortnite processes, there could be a way to let the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe inherit the priority from the launcher. I don't know the way, though. I don't even know if changing priority via the Registry could interfere or cause problems to BPM, or vice versa.

It might sound mysterious, and the game is pretty massive, even larger than the GTA V, but I think it's actually worth to download it to test the foreground and background priority values and pretty much everything I've mentioned. But if someone doesn't want to, it's fine.

Can we make a Telegram group to discuss Bill2's Process Manager there? It's a more modern way to discuss software, as I don't have to send long essays and wait ages for a birdie to deliver me a letter. We'll make proper rules and moderation there, too, and we can migrate the scores and awards from the forum there. I'm a teenager and that's an easier way for me to chat there. Also there's a lot of Linux discussions going on, too.
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Juil - 7:09

Well, it's really strange if ot's visible in the windows Task manager, but not in BPM.

To handle more processes, even in the task manager, you have to run the program in "admin mode".

I think I can send a "debug version" of BPM, with a lot of information "for me".
I'll try to compile it this evening and give a link and instructions to use it Wink

Have a nice day.
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Juil - 12:27

Bill2 a écrit:
Well, it's really strange if ot's visible in the windows Task manager, but not in BPM.

To handle more processes, even in the task manager, you have to run the program in "admin mode".

I think I can send a "debug version" of BPM, with a lot of information "for me".
I'll try to compile it this evening and give a link and instructions to use it Wink

Have a nice day.

Yeah, a "verbose" version would be a good idea.

Everything I did was happening as an administrator (RMB > Run as administrator), I tried to launch the program normally and it crashed on startup. I didn't understand the French crash message so I just thought that was some sort of "access denied, report crash to the developer? yes/no" and that's what made me launch this as an admin. This didn't help me edit the unhandled processes' priority. Maybe I've launched BPM or Windows Task Manager in a wrong way. Maybe I chose the wrong command in the menu, I don't know. Maybe I should just disable UAC or even reinstall Windows for the fifth time of the month for no reason.

Windows 10 2004 May 2020, build 19041.329

Will be waiting for your "debug version". Have a good day.
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 11:48

Hi,

I've compiled a debug version, you can download it here : http://home.bill2-software.com/fichiers/ProcessManager.exe
(override the security warning form your browser if needed, the file is safe ...)

How to use it :
- close BPM if it's running
- go to the install directory of BPM (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Bill2's Process Manager )
- rename the current exe to keep it as a saved file (For exemple : ProcessManager SAVE.exe)
- put the "debug exe" in the folder
- open a "cmd" in this directory
- start BPM with the command "ProcessManager.exe -verbose"

It will create a file "verbose.log" with all actions performed by BPM.
=> to access this file, open the option Window, and clic the link "Access configuration file"

So, if BPM is running, and the verbose file is here, you just have to launch the game and ... we should see what happen Wink

May be you can also start BPM as administrator, to see if there's a difference.
(Save the differents verbose.log files, if you can)

Thank in advance for your reply.

Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 14:57

Bill2 a écrit:
So, if BPM is running, and the verbose file is here, you just have to launch the game and ... we should see what happen Wink

Hi. Thank you so much for the verbose version.
So I launched it, after that I opened the game. Here's what BPM tried to do every couple of seconds:

Code:
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] Traitement processus "svchost"
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] => processus mis à jour
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] Traitement processus "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping"
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] Ajout du Processus "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping" à la liste
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] PM_Process:New : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : infos de base OK
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : infos de prio/nbCPU OK
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : est manageable
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.297] FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : Récup infos mémoire OK
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.450] Erreur : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : récup chemin impossible - Access is denied
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] Erreur : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : récup chemin impossible (2e tentative) - Access is denied
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] Erreur : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : Process posant pb : on retourne un faux process, le vrai sera remis en mémoire au prochain appel
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping : MAJ infos exceptions OK
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] Erreur : Erreur d'ajout dans PM_Processes - Processus "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping" non ajouté à la liste : pid ou nom incorrect
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] Traitement processus "svchost"
[7/18/2020 3:15:56 PM.606] => processus mis à jour

I don't understand exactly what happened. Maybe the Fortnite developer intentionally did something to never allow the users to run this game at a priority other than Normal. Maybe that's an anti-cheating trick so that the external third-party programs will have no ability to interact with the game executable. Maybe a special patch in BPM for Fortnite will be required to workaround this. My Windows setup is only 13 days old and I don't think I should try reinstalling Windows.

If the info provided above isn't enough, I can send you a full log on what was happening.

Hope you have some ideas on what's the problem and to hear from you soon!
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 18:28

Well, very strange case. Definitly not a problem with your windows install.

I don't know why, but BPM can't access to the path of the fortnite exe.
May be a anti cheat protection ...

So I've made a specific workaround.

You can download the new exe here :

http://home.bill2-software.com/fichiers/ProcessManager_fort.exe

Hope this time, you'll see the process in the main window, and I hope you'll can set/modify the priority Wink

Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 20:34

Bill2 a écrit:
So I've made a specific workaround.

Hope this time, you'll see the process in the main window, and I hope you'll can set/modify the priority Wink

Thank you very much for the reply!

Unfortunately this doesn't make creating the rule for the process very easy. When I go to create a rule for the process, it says "#unknown\". Whenever I create a rule for it manually, it just doesn't apply to FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe since it cannot see it.

Since these workarounds aren't the best way to resolve the problem, let's have another take on it. Is there any way on how to deal with the access denial so that we can interact with the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe natively? I am ready to take any responsibility if the anticheat blames me about anything. I know that this is going slightly off-topic but I just don't know exactly how to grant BPM full access to the executable.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 20:45

Well ...
I was thinking about creating a rule but without checking full Path ...
But I forgot that the name of the exe is checked from the path ... my bad ...
It's been 5 years since I've stopped working on BPM Wink

Is the fortnite process visible in the process list of BPM ?
Does changing priority with a right clic is OK ?

If yes, I can set a fake path matching the name Wink

Edit : well, I checked the code and ... It's not as easy as I was thinking ...

Si ... I think I have no simple solution for this case.
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 20:56

Bill2 a écrit:
Well ...
I was thinking about creating a rule but without checking full Path ...
But I forgot that the name of the exe is checked from the path ... my bad ...
It's been 5 years since I've stopped working on BPM Wink

Is the fortnite process visible in the process list of BPM ?
Does changing priority with a right clic is OK ?

If yes, I can set a fake path matching the name Wink

Edit : well, I checked the code and ... It's not as easy as I was thinking ...

Si ... I think I have no simple solution for this case.

Yeah, changing priority with a right click is OK. Applies for the background only, but it can be changed anyway, no errors.
Here's the default path for the executable if you need it (my path is the default one): C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 21:03

Yamimono aime ce message

Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 21:28

Bill2 a écrit:
OK.

So I tried this one, hoping it will finally work. The rule applied, but the game sets itself back to Normal whenever I switch to it. I don't even know what to do right now. Unfortunately BPM is useful only for automating to lower down the other processes. No
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 21:36

Are you the only one to experience those problems with textures loading in fortnite ?

Well ...
So I imagine that the fortnite process himself has a way to secure his own priority ...

I don't think I can do more :-(
Sorry ...
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 21:56

Bill2 a écrit:

Are you the only one to experience those problems with textures loading in fortnite ?

Well ...
So I imagine that the fortnite process himself has a way to secure his own priority ...

Sorry ...

The materials aren't loading in is a very common problem that many people with slow CPUs have. Mostly it happens when someone tries to multitask while gaming, but it can also happen on extra slow CPUs when there are no other processes except for the Windows Update or Defender. Loading materials requires CPU power in this game.

Googling problem with the priority was the least informative thing I ever done, same with searching for a solution on YouTube. I don't expect much for the Reddit community in general, too, but might give it a try some time.

But thank you so much for all the help and effort. It was valuable.
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 22:09

You're welcome Smile

One last thing :
If the rule apply the correct priority, but fortnite keep modifying it, may be we can force BPM to apply rules more often.

Go to options, Main/Rules application, and set it to 1 minute.
I do not recommand to lower this time param, because the more you have rules, the more BPM will stress the CPU ...

If you have only one rule for fortnite, it may help.

Oh, and in the option, activate the "rule by default", and to set the "default rule" with a priority set to "below normal" , the majority of your processes will use this setting Wink
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 22:10

Bill2 a écrit:

Well ...

Sorry ...

By the way, I would like to know if there's any way to check the priority for FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe every, let's say, 30 seconds, and if it's not High, set it High. I don't seem to find such setting in Options.
Yamimono
Supporter
Supporter

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil - 22:12

Bill2 a écrit:
You're welcome Smile

One last thing :
If the rule apply the correct priority, but fortnite keep modifying it, may be we can force BPM to apply rules more often.

Go to options, Main/Rules application, and set it to 1 minute.
I do not recommand to lower this time param, because the more you have rules, the more BPM will stress the CPU ...

If you have only one rule for fortnite, it may help.

Oh, and in the option, activate the "rule by default", and to set the "default rule" with a priority set to "below normal" , the majority of your processes will use this setting Wink

Yeah, I can finally see your post. Thank you! Will report back soon.
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur
Bill2

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitimeDim 19 Juil - 8:04

Hey,

I just read an article for a bug with the last Win10 update that slow down games and the whole system ...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/17/windows-10-version-2004-esent-642/

May be your problem is related Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown   Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown Icon_minitime

Hidden processes; some processes aren't shown
Page 1 sur 1