Bill2's Process Manager : le forum

Bill2's Process Manager, Votre gestionnaire de processus automatique

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
ricardofac

MessageSujet: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Mar 29 Aoû - 5:22

I found this amazing software recently by searching Google. I needed a way to restart a video recording application when it becomes idle, like suddenly stop recording by a bug, and the application isn't knowing it needs to close and open again to continue the recording.

Then I try this program and "Voilà", worked like a charm, I did a test starting a video recording on some TV channel then stopped the recording, after 1 minute (that I have determined) the Bill2's Process identified the software's inactivity and restarted the application again, just what I needed all this time.

Thank you so much for this software, it's simple and amazing! cheers
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Ven 1 Sep - 7:19

Thanks for you review, and glad to see my soft is still used, even if I don't develop it anymore Very Happy Cool

ricardofac

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Ven 1 Sep - 13:09

Bill2 a écrit:
Thanks for you review, and glad to see my soft is still used, even if I don't develop it anymore Very Happy Cool

It's a pity. But the way it is all this time is enough even today.

I searched for softwares on Google and did not find anyone like yours. Or it does not exist similiar with certain rules and actions for applications, or I did not find properly lol.

By the way, the only thing I was not able to do was to add multiple rules for the same executable. When I tried it says is "already have a rule", and I need to have four rules for the same executable, because the software opens 4 instances on the same executable, like "c: \software\ application.exe" 1, "c:\software\application.exe" 2, "c:\software\application.exe" 3, and "c:\software\application.exe" 4. Do you know I mean?

But is okay, by all means served me well, very useful. Wink
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Ven 1 Sep - 13:17

Well ...

I don't understand why you need 4 différents rules for the same .exe.

The detection of the idle status is done "by" executable, so each instance can be stopped and reopened without problem.

And you can tel BPM to put each exe on a different CPU.

But if you need différents specific actions for your program, I think you'll have to install the program to différents directory, and tell BPM to apply rules using the full path of the exe, instead of the exe name.

ricardofac

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Mar 26 Sep - 19:50

Yeah, I managed to fix it by renaming the .exe like program1.exe, program2.exe and so on.

Another thing, If I could ask, is there a way to reduce even more the minimum minute to kill a process due to inactivity? The minimum is only 1 minute but could be even more useful to put something like 10 or 30 seconds to kill to idle proccess. It's for a cam recording software that stops by itself due a bug or something, so a minute is actually a lot for this type of work like television audit.

Thanks anyway.
Bill2
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   Mar 26 Sep - 20:16

Hi,

From the options Window, there's a link to the configuration file : it's a XML file, you can edit it with Notepad, for exemple.

Just search for the rule associated to your program (by rule name or exe name)

Then edit this part :
<autokillonidletime>300000</autokillonidletime>

This time is in milliseconds.
So you can set it to 5000 for 5 seconds.

BUT :
- turn off BPM before editing
- the program itself can use this value, but you can't edit it from the rule management window : it will crash Wink

Just try it Wink

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.   

Thanks for this software. A user from Brazil.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1